Wednesday, October 18, 2006

What a difference a day makes

I couldn't resist the song title for this post as it just fits in so well. I had an interview this morning and it went really well. The office is in a beautiful building in Santa Monica. The job I interviewed for is a HR generalist position for an entertainment company. The interview was very relaxed and comfortable and I left with a great feeling. I will hear back later in the week regarding a second interview.

This is my third week that I haven't been working or going to school and I have decided that I need to find some activities other than TV or reading to occupy my time. I think it really hit when I realized that I actually started watching
"The Jerry Springer Show" today. I NEED to get out of the house and walk more to increase and maintain my weight loss. I NEED to schedule some other activities for days when I do not have an interview. This week has been a good one - I have had my first two interviews since I have been job hunting and I have that experience under my belt. I had interviewed for positions within my old company, but it is not exactly the same.

I think that the difference between the interview on Monday and the interview today was my attitude. It seems strange that I was less nervous about this job interview. I had envisioned doing well on an interview and I thought that I would do well on the first one - but I guess that my vision is for the job I interviewed for today. The temporary job that I had this summer helped me to prepare for this interview because I learned some skills relating to job descriptions and recruiting that I can use in my new position. I can see myself in the new position and am looking into ways that I expand my knowledge to make me ready for it.

No comments: