Saturday, October 21, 2006

March of the Penguins

I watched the movie "March of the Penguins" last night. What a touching movie! It is a fascinating documentary narrated by Morgan Freeman. The penguin chicks are so adorable and their parents are so loving. Life is tough for the Emperor Penguins in Antarctica! They march for 70+ miles to get to their mating place, and then the females make the journey again to gather food for the chick! Quite a remarkable feat!

Traditions are so important in life, as are routines. I don't always remember this, but since I am not working at the moment, I find that I miss having a daily routine. I need to start a daily routine to help me through this transition, this change. I am still getting up early every morning but I am not really doing much until maybe around lunch time when I am tired of watching TV, reading or whatever I have been doing. Today I am going to do some cooking and baking and try to establish a new routine for Sunday. If I start preparing meals for the week on Sunday, then when I am working again the routine will already be established. I am going to try out a couple of new dessert recipes and maybe make some bread - ambitious I know - but it is only 11 a.m. right now....

I have some ideas that are floating around in my head for a short story. Once I have put some of the ideas and determined which idea I want to go with, I will post the story. I am going to go to the store and get some of the ingredients I need for my dessert making.

No comments: