Saturday, June 09, 2007

Graduation Day

This is me on Friday afternoon accepting my diploma for my Associate of Science in Business Administration. My daughter graduated with me and we managed to sit together (the school requested that we line up by height, but we cheated). Graduating with my daughter was so fun - as we stood in line to receive our diploma - she kept saying - "We're almost there". My mom and step-father took us out for dinner afterwards and we had a great time.

Yesterday she and I had a big graduation party with family and friends. My son barbequed chicken and steak, my sister brought her fabulous seven-layer dip, I made a great salad, and my daughter made the margaritas. We had a blast! I always enjoy watching my friends and family get together and watching them interact. It is just so great to see the people I care about talking to each other.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Congratulations!! I have been meaning to say that for awhile. so fun that you got to graduate with your daughter. I truly wish I could have been there to cheer you on!!!! You have worked so hard for a long time balancing work and school. It's a great acheivement! Yay for tenacity and Associates Degrees!!!