Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sweater for Ellie

This is the first knitted sweater that I have made. It is for my friend's daughter, Ellie. It was fun to make and I hope she likes the ruffles on the bottom. I love working with varigated yarns because there are so many colors. Ellie loves red and I hope she loves this sweater. Her birthday is in November, but I doubt that I will wait until then to send it. Ellie lives in Boston with her mom, Kathryn, and her dad Dave. You can read about their adventures here.

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

Maureen - it's beautiful! It will be great for Ellie especially when the cold weather rolls in which will be soon!

Thanks you so much!!!!

Maureen said...

Kathryn - Hopefully I will be able to mail it to you today. I am anxious to see how it fits and how she looks in it as well as if she likes the colors.

Kathryn said...

Maureen - WE GOT IT and it's gorgeous!!! Unfortunately it's an Indian Summer here and 90 degrees! I hate this heat and can't wait for the temperatures to fall so Ellie can wear this!!!!

It's beautiful and so well done - all the different stitches etc. Dave asked if you did this professionally - you are so talented you totally could!

Thank you so much. As soon as it's cool enough to wear it I will take a pic of Ellie in and and post it on my blog.

Thank you so much. I hope you are doing OK - it's been a long time since your last post. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!

Love,
Kathryn