Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Cantata

On Sunday, April 1, 2007 (no foolin’) I sang an original cantata with my church choir. We had 200 people in attendance and it was a big smash hit! A fellow choir member who was not able to perform, said that she loved watching me and that I was very intense and very into the music. I loved all the songs, but the second song, where Jesus is telling the people at the temple to “Get out! Get out! Get out!” was one of my favorites. The lyrics are based on the gospels of the new testament and told a very complete tale of the last week of Jesus.

Everyone in attendance were moved by the wonderful music – especially since our choir director, Ken Potter, wrote it all in only 5 days! Ken had a gigantic smile on his face and you could tell that he was just SOOO PROUD of both the choir and how well it all came together. The Cantata will be sent to the Library of Congress and I’m sure it will be published as it is truly a great musical feat! I am excited to have been a part of the premiere performance and I have one of the original scores signed by the composer. How exciting!

No comments: