Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Scarves, Scarves, and More Scarves!

This year I have learned to knit (again). I was inspired to take up knitting again by a book called Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton. The book is a murder mystery - a "cozy" novel as they are called. The author made knitting sound like fun, especially getting together with a group of knitters at a yarn shop. I have attended one knitting guild meeting, and will attend a second one this Saturday.

I have been knitting a few scarves for presents. The white and pink (with pom-poms) is for me, the white one is for my sister's mother-in-law, the pink fuzzy one is for my niece (identical to a blue fuzzy one given to her sister), the pink and red variegated one was the first, and the blue wool variegated one is for a friend who lives back East. I am working on two more that are not pictured - a black and brown one for my dad and a tan and blue one for my step-mom.


I have ventured out a bit and started a baby blanket - but it kept getting wider and wider - so I ripped it out and am know crocheting one instead (I am a better crocheter at this point). I am going to learn to purl on Saturday – so I may wait until Saturday to start my step-mom’s scarf so I can make it a bit different. Knitting has become a good therapy for me - although at times I don't quite know when to quit. My hand gets tingly and sometimes I wake up with one or both hands that way - so that is when I know I need to cut back a bit.

No comments: